The tour was amazing. We celebrated a friend’s birthday. Rosie and Ed are the best! We felt safe at all times and had tons of fun during our trip. I can highly recommend it. Bring your own breakfast and have a brunch, that’s what we did. Views are breathtaking and being on the boat with the friendliest crew was just great.
Fun Group Activity
Unique Boston Views
Pedal or Sip & Relax
Fun-filled Morning Voyage in the Boston Harbor
This is an incredible opportunity to see Boston like never before. Make this a Boston Brunch Cruise you’ll never forget as you comfortably pedal or just sip and relax. Either way, you experience everything the Harbor has to offer. We navigate a few hundred feet from the city’s biggest attractions! Along the way, your captain and assistant will ensure your safety while sharing stories about Boston’s rich history.
Pedal or relax on Boston’s only cycleboat!
Snap a photograph of Boston's beautiful coast.
Learn about local heritage, history and culture.
BYOB - Bring Your Own Beverages and food. We provide the ice.
Customize your departing location with our Private Charters.
Click the tabs for more info
$49/person Monday – Thursday
$59/person Friday – Sunday
10% Discounts on Public Tours for Military, Children <12yrs and Seniors 62yrs+
Pier 6 Restaurant Dock in the Charlestown Navy Yard (1 8th St, Charlestown, MA 02129)
Our Private Charters depart from a few different locations
April 15th through October, 7 days a week
- Minimum of 6 for Public Cruises
- Maximum of 16, 22 or 24 for Public Cruises depending on vessel
- Maximum of 16, 24 or 26 for Private Charters depending on vessel
Valid ID for those consuming alcohol
- Coolers and ice (we have coolers with ice in the center bar between the pedal stations for passenger use)
- Life jackets
Food and beverages
What to bring
- Your own food and beverages – anything that requires a fork and knife is probably not a good idea
- A light jacket or layers
- Sunglasses and hats are great but you will be seated under a large canopy shielding direct sun and rain
- All captains have a US CoastGuard Masters License
We’ll meet at Pier 6 in the Navy Yard in Charlestown which opens directly into the incredible Boston Harbor. From here, we will board our vessel and have a quick introduction. We will then review our safety protocols and provide a demonstration on how to pedal and move about the ship. Then it’s time to pedal out onto open water!
From the Cycleboat, you’ll see Boston like never before! Take in the amazing views and soak up their history. Landmarks like the East Boston Tall Ship, Nantucket Lightship, Logan Airport, South Boston Seaport, Boston Tea Party Ship, the Downtown and Northend Waterfront, Boston CoastGuard Station, TD Garden, Bunker Hill Monument and the Historic Charlestown Navy Yard with the USS Constitution and WWII destroyer Cassin Young.
So choose a seat at the table and pedal or relax in the lounge area. You’ll sip and cruise to the shoreline of East Boston, South Boston Seaport, Fort Point Channel, Downtown and Northend Waterfront, Charles River Basin and the Charlestown Navy Yard. After 1.5 hours on the water, we’ll head back to Pier 6, exit the vessel and say our goodbyes. You’ll leave with a smile on your face and a greater appreciation of the Boston Harbor.
Some of Our Most Frequently Asked Questions
No, don’t worry! Most people take turns and have fun pedaling or just cruising. The captain can raise or lower the paddle wheel to reduce the resistance, making the pedaling easier (just like lowering the gear on a bicycle). We can also supplement your pedal power with the outboard motor, so no one has to pedal!
Yes! Riders who are of age are welcome to bring beer, wine or pre-mixed cocktails (no hard alcohol) while they enjoy their Cycleboat ride! Of course non-alcoholic beverages are okay too!
There is a bathroom aboard our 24 and 26 person boats (Rosie the Riveter and Sweet Caroline) for emergencies. Our 16 person boat (Cycleboat One) does not have a bathroom but can make a short bathroom stop at the tour’s halfway point.
- It’s unlikely you’ll get wet, but dress for the weather conditions and for comfort, it can be a little windier or cooler on the harbor, so we do recommend bringing an extra layer especially for evening tours.
- Sunglasses and hats are great but you will be seated under a large canopy shielding direct sun and rain.
- No need to bring a cooler as we have ice chests with ice in the center bar between the pedal stations for passenger use.
- Also, snacks are great or anything you can eat with one hand (i.e. sandwich)
Have More Questions? Check Out Our FAQ Page!
Why Customers Love Cycleboat Boston!
Ed and Rosie took great care of our group of 10 people for a friends birthday. The boat was brand new and we had a fantastic day on the water. […] The tour was great and the team took great care of us. Can recommend for birthday, family events or business gatherings if you want to experience something special with fun and in a great setting.
Great and COVID friendly way for any celebration! Staff were super friendly and fun and gave us great views. You can bring your own food and drinks and music!