Our group had an amazing experience with Cycleboat Boston! Ed and Rosie were a wonderful crew, it was a perfect day on the water and you can BYOB/snacks. What more could you ask for! Only thing I can think of is even more time on the boat, we had such a great time and felt welcomed!
Boston’s ONLY Cycleboat
Pedal or Sip & Relax
Fun Group Activity
Experience Unparalleled Views of Boston
See Boston like never before! Comfortably pedal or sip and relax as you experience everything the harbor has to offer. You’ll be just a few hundred feet from the city’s biggest attractions like the Boston Tea Party Ship, Bunker Hill Monument, USS Constitution, and so much more! Along the way, your captain and assistant will ensure safety while sharing stories about Boston’s rich history.
Snap photographs of the Boston Harbor from the ONLY cycleboat in Boston!
Pedal past the location of the Boston Tea Party and learn about Boston’s rich history.
Cruise the harbor at a comfortable 4 knots (4.6 mph), just a few hundred feet from shore.
BYOB - Bring Your Own Beverages and food. We provide the ice.
Customize your departing location with our Private Charters.
Click the tabs for more info
$49/person Monday – Thursday
$59/person Friday & Sunday
Private Charters Max Capacity of Boat
$39/person Pvt. Charter for Max Capacity – Monday – Thursday
$42/person Pvt. Charter for Max Capacity – Friday & Sunday
$45/person Pvt. Charter for Max Capacity – Saturday
Private Charters Smaller Group for 16pp (more can be added)
$44/person Pvt. Charter Smaller Group 16pp – Monday – Thursday
$47/person Pvt. Charter Smaller Group 16pp – Friday & Sunday
$51/person Pvt. Charter Smaller Group 16pp – Saturday
10% Discounts on Public Tours for Military, Children <12yrs and Seniors 62yrs+
Pier 6 Restaurant Dock in the Charlestown Navy Yard (1 8th St, Charlestown, MA 02129)
Our Private Charters depart from a few different locations
April 15th through October, 7 days a week
- Minimum – No minimum group size to reserve seats but Public Cruises must have a minimum of 6 passengers booked to operate
- Maximum of 20, 22, or 24 for Public Cruises depending on vessel
- Maximum of 20, 24 or 26 for Private Charters depending on vessel
Valid ID for those consuming alcohol
- Coolers and ice (we have coolers with ice in the center bar between the pedal stations for passenger use)
- Life jackets
Food and beverages
What to bring
- Your own food and beverages – anything that requires a fork and knife is probably not a good idea
- A light jacket or layers
- Sunglasses and hats are great but you will be seated under a large canopy shielding direct sun and rain
- All captains have a US CoastGuard Masters License
We’ll meet at Pier 6 in the Navy Yard in Charlestown, which opens directly into the incredible Boston Harbor. From here, we will board our vessel and have a quick introduction. We will then review our safety protocols and provide a demonstration on how to pedal and move about the ship. Then it’s time to pedal out onto open water!
From the Cycleboat, you’ll see Boston like never before! Take in the amazing views and soak up their history. Landmarks like the East Boston Tall Ship, Nantucket Lightship, Logan Airport, South Boston Seaport, Boston Tea Party Ship, the Downtown and Northend Waterfront, Boston CoastGuard Station, TD Garden, Bunker Hill Monument and the Historic Charlestown Navy Yard with the USS Constitution and WWII destroyer Cassin Young.
Just choose a seat at the table and pedal or relax in the lounge area. Your cruise will take you to the shoreline of East Boston, South Boston Seaport, Fort Point Channel, Downtown and Northend Waterfront, Charles River Basin and the Charlestown Navy Yard. After 1.5 hours on the water, we’ll head back to Pier 6, exit the vessel and say our goodbyes. You’ll leave with a smile on your face after experiencing one of the BEST Boston Harbor Day Cruises!
Some of Our Most Frequently Asked Questions
No, don’t worry! Most people take turns and have fun pedaling or just cruising. The captain can raise or lower the paddle wheel to reduce the resistance, making the pedaling easier (just like lowering the gear on a bicycle). We can also supplement your pedal power with the outboard motor, so no one has to pedal!
Yes! Riders who are of age are welcome to bring beer, wine or pre-mixed cocktails (no hard alcohol) while they enjoy their Cycleboat ride! Of course non-alcoholic beverages are okay too!
There is a bathroom aboard our 24 and 26 person boats (Rosie the Riveter and Sweet Caroline) for emergencies. Our 16 person boat (Cycleboat One) does not have a bathroom but can make a short bathroom stop at the tour’s halfway point.
- It’s unlikely you’ll get wet, but dress for the weather conditions and for comfort, it can be a little windier or cooler on the harbor, so we do recommend bringing an extra layer especially for evening tours.
- Sunglasses and hats are great but you will be seated under a large canopy shielding direct sun and rain.
- No need to bring a cooler as we have ice chests with ice in the center bar between the pedal stations for passenger use.
- Also, snacks are great or anything you can eat with one hand (i.e. sandwich)
Have More Questions? Check Out Our FAQ Page!
Why Customers Love Cycleboat Boston!
Great way to spend Mother’s Day! Thank you for a wonderful way to enjoy the Boston harbor.
Great Father’s day gift from my daughter. Captains Dave and Patrick were great. The tour was small enough so we were able to deviate to better see points of interest larger tours can’t.